You know when TYRANNY has a substantial foothold
when members of the government and “Special Interest” individuals, organizations and corporations ACTIVELY WORK TOGETHER to
TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!
Didn’t the Mayor’s “Secure San Antonio’s Future” PAC just attempt that 3 TIMES by sueing the Firefighters three times, and taking them to court in a strategically calculated effort to keep the Charter Amendments OFF the Ballot thereby denying the citizens of San Antonio from exercising their RIGHT TO VOTE on the proposed Charter Amendments.
YES THEY DID!
Doesn’t that violate something deep within you that says this is America and Americans HAVE RIGHTS?
Funny, I thought the City Council would have been sworn to uphold San Antonian Citizen Rights.
Perhaps we need to EXAMINE the oaths they take.
The number of certified petitioners, required by the City Rule, to place an issue on the ballot was more than met and certified by the City Clerk. But instead of upholding the rights of Citizens, our elected Mayor circled the Special Interest cadre and they sought to
literally rob you of your legal right to decide Yes or No. – YOUR RIGHT
WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
This fight over the proposed Charter Amendments didn’t begin on a whim, it didn’t start as some nefarious scheme on the part of Chris Steele, as Misters Archer, Nirenberg, Hartman and extremely influential San Antonio business people and corporations would have you believe. It started in conversations among individuals, like you and me, that legitimately care about the community in which we live. People who make a living, raise their children, seek to achieve their dreams and hopefully retire in some measure of comfort. But these people began to notice a few things like:
1) Land and housing within the city boundaries that remained in the county – why? Could it be that it was a high crime area and low source of taxes? But isn’t it possible that area and others similar need more frequent policing than the county could provide, and didn’t those areas tend to foster crime that affected other San Antonio Citizens?
2) Extended Response Times on the part of Emergency Personnel. Could it be that we are short on needed Police Officers, EMS technicians and Firefighters? Absolutely, just compare San Antonio population and their First Responder numbers to Austin or Houston.
3) A $190,000.00 sidewalk toilet – really! Have you seen this facility? It should have Gold or Silver at least, potty seats. Of course, it’s right out in the open. What ever happened to the, off the beaten path concrete facilities with signs directing where they are, that were less expensive and had larger occupancy?
4) A Street Car project that would tear up Broadway for months, cost hundreds of millions of dollars to install, not counting maintenance. And carry how many? The answer was 2,200 Annual Riders (think about it). They drive to a location to board, take the streetcar to a stepping-off point a couple of minutes away, and walk to work. Then reverse the process. Thank God for the Coalition, which included the Firefighters, that stopped this ridiculous project.
5) An $850,000,000.00 Bond Election that failed to disclose the real cost of well over $1,000,000,000.00. Oh, and by the way, it granted millions to obtain land from two east-side churches to build Public teaching facilities and after a period of time, the facilities belong to the churches. What about the west side or southside churches. Many of those run day-care, schools and feed the hungry. Then there is the land bridge and $40,000,000.00 plus dollars to plant trees and widen sidewalks on Broadway. No Streetcar, so we’ll plant trees in the middle of what now carries a huge amount of traffic instead.
6) The cost to run the City in terms of compensation costs among just 7 individuals – . The City Manager Sheryl Sculley – $621,776.00, Deputy City Managers Erik Walsh – #310,433.00, Peter Zanoni – $306,264.00, Assistant City Managers Carlos Contreras – $285,171.00, Maria Villagomez – $276,853.00, Lori Houston – $269,882.00 and Rod Sanchez – $267,610.00
HOW MUCH DID YOU MAKE LAST YEAR?
7) Didn’t USAA receive several million dollars in tax breaks
8) And then there was the $18,000,000.00 for Hartman’s soccer field, half from the city and half from the county.
AND THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO CALL THE FIREFIGHTERS “SPECIAL INTEREST”
Whether you support or don’t support the proposed Charter Amendments, and make no mistake, we support your right to choose either position,
BUT – WE WILL NEVER SUPPORT SOMEONE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR LEGAL RIGHT TO VOTE!
Election time for City Council and Mayor is coming shortly.
When you get to the polls for a new City Council – Remember what the current council members did about these Charter Amendments and ESPECIALLY the attempt to Rob You of YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE
REMEMBER THE ATTEMPT BY TYRANNY TO RULE YOU!